Based in the Palghar District, St. John College of Humanities and Sciences(SJCHS) has developed a reputation for delivering an excellent student experience, and has excelled in all forms for overall development of students and their satisfaction .
With the vast campus and up-to-date teaching aids, SJCHS has a spacious academic infrastructure with the latest technology and offers a vibrant, collegiate community delivering broad and academically rigorous degree programmes, designed to equip graduates with various humanities domains like Science, Commerce, Arts, Management Studies, Computer Science, Hospitality Studies etc which provides the combination of skills and knowledge that are increasingly required by organisations, employers and corporates.
“ Excellence in creating tech savvy professionals by providing quality education in human sciences”.
- To equip the future professionals of different streams with qualified and upgraded knowledge of their respective area to meet current industrial needs.
- To build competence to focus on holistic development for better employability
- Maintaining a high standard of integrity and performance leading to the achievement of academic and career goals.
- To provide an overall understanding of the subject with real-time life experiences to every student which makes them a leader to face the challenges.
Dr. Brajabandhu Das
It has been widely acknowledged that education and economic growth goes hand in hand, where knowledge transfers into action by removing ignorance, success is inevitable. This is why St. John College of Humanities and Sciences, Palghar has been endowed with young and energetic scholars as its intellectual pool, excellent infrastructure and learning resources and above all perpetual commitment to create Industry ready human resource in the backdrop of the rural corridor.
At SJCHS students are also sensitized with contemporary social concerns such as Illiteracy, poverty, environmental awareness, communal harmony, condition of work and livelihoods in the unorganized sector and ethics. Our approach to teaching and learning has a clear career focus that encourages teamwork, leadership, adaptability and ensures to imbibe social values that lead to become socially responsible professionals. I welcome all our students to be part of this culture and lead a purposeful life with high intellectual and social quotient.
Training and Placement
The Job Fair – 2018 was organised byKES Shroff College of Arts and Commerce, Kandivali in association with the Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India on 1st September 2018. The List of Companies were HDFC Life, Calibehr, I tech Solutions, Cinema Factory, Kotak, ICICI Bank, Chetana Publications, etc.
Third year Commerce Students of St. John College of Humanities and Sciences have participated in this Job Fair. The Details is given below:
TYBBI – 19, TYBMS – 22, TYBAF – 14. There were 3 rounds: Aptitude Test, Group Discussion and Final Interview. Some students got selected for a job as well as internship and got an Intent to Offer Letter. Students who got Offer Letters were from TY BBI – 02, TY BMS – 12, TY BAF – 05.
Corporate Relation, Employability, Placement and Training (CREPT)
This cell comprises of the Training and Placement Officers of the campus and faculty representatives of various branches. The training programmes developed by the CREPT team intend to equip the students with relevant employability skills, which include not only technical but also managerial skills.
Center for Soft-Skills and Personality Development (CSSPD)
The college has created CSSPD in order to develop the soft skills of student’s like competency in English communication-Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing, Leadership Ability, Team Work, Time Management etc. and groom them according to the needs of the corporate world.
Build Your Brand (BYB)
BYB portal is a tool to promote and assist students to develop self as a brand, it provides the students a platform to present themselves. The portal provides a medium to develop the students holistically
Skill Training for Employability Program (STEP)
STEP aims to create skilled professionals with technical knowledge on latest trends in the relevant industry by bridging the gap between industry expectations and student capabilities.
- A workshop on “Core IT Domains” was organized for SJJC science students on 12th April, 2018.
- Website Designing contest was conducted on 23rd July, 2018 at institute level.
- A guest lecture on “Role of Software Developer in the Corporate World” was organized on 29th August, 2018 for Second and Third year B.Sc(IT) students.
- A quiz contest on “Core IT Domains” for second year B.Sc(IT) students was conducted on 21st February, 2019.
- Guest lecture on “Cyber Law” for final year B.Sc(IT) students was organised on 21st February,2019.
- Students of third year B.Sc(IT) participated and secured second position in “Srijan – 2019”.
- Students of second year B.Sc(IT) participated and secured first rank in “Powerpoint Presentation” competition held at Wada College of Management.
- Industrial visit to Wine Information Centre, Nasik on 21st& 22nd December 2018 for S.Y.H.S.
- Workshop on ‘Platting Technique’ by Chef Monika Talwar for T.Y.H.S.- 16th January 2019
- Workshop & Competition on ‘Vegan Cuisine' for T.Y.H.S. & S.Y.H.S. - 21st January 2019
- Industrial Visit To Amritsar (Mega Kitchen) & Dalhousie - 31st January 2019 - 6th February 2019 for T.Y.H.S.
- Workshop on ‘Flower Arrangement’ for S.Y.H.S. - 21st January 2019
- The final year students of BSc. HS, as part of their examination, conducted a Theme Dinner, 'Dawat-e-Khaas' in the institute premises. The menu that was served was carefully selected keeping in mind the Mughlai trail from Far Eastern Asia to India. It was a sold out event and the overall organisation was a success.