St. John Institute of Pharmacy and Research (SJIPR) is a Pharmacy College. The College offers Professional Pharmacy education at the Diploma, Bachelors and Masters levels.
The Institute is approved by All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE) and Pharmacy Council of India (PCI), Government of India, recognized by Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Government of Maharashtra and affiliated to the University of Mumbai and MSBTE.
The increasing demand for health-care and pharmaceuticals has led to a variety of job roles, which often offer good professional progression. At St. John Institute of Pharmacy and Research, students becoming a pharmacist, can use the knowledge of medicine to become a research scientist, medical science liaison, pharmacologist, or toxicologist and other medical fields.
- To empower young minds with skills and facilitate creative thinking to develop research interest
- To promote independent and collaborative research in areas related to the development of pharmaceutical products
- To encourage innovation towards designing solutions to meet healthcare needs
- To deliver quality and value education, through innovative teaching learning processes and training, to build young and aspiring Pharmacists
Dr. Savita J. Tauro
The Pharmacist is an integral part of the Health Care System, involved in the discovery, development, clinical research & safe, efficacious manufacture of pharmaceuticals and community services. A constant need for high quality standards of drugs and pharmaceuticals comes from the emergence of resistant infections, newer diseases and a deeper knowledge of biological and immunological processes. Training Pharmacists for this future is what St. John Institue of Pharmacy and Research focuses on.
Our academic program encompasses the prescribed syllabus from University of Mumbai with a series of guest lectures, industrial visits and workshops from professionals in the Pharmaceutical Industry, who update our students on developing technologies and various career avenues thus preparing them for the corporate world. Our students are encouraged to participate in various extracurricular activities to nurture talents and skills. SJIPR believes in the holistic development of all students.
D. PHARM. (Diploma In Pharmacy)
Two-Year Full-Time Degree Program
D. Pharm course is a career-oriented program in the areas of pharmaceutical sciences. It introduces the students to the basic concepts of pharmaceutical science and prepares them with the necessary skill and academic knowledge to secure positions in retail pharmacies for pharmaceutical companies.
This under-graduate degree stresses on the elaboration of the medical field including preparation, dispensing and appropriate use of medication. Candidates can choose to pursue B. Pharm, B. Pharm Lateral and Pharma. D after completing the D. Pharm course.
- NAAC Accreditation with CGPA 2.40/4.0 and Grade B (2017-2022)
- NBA Accredited 8. Pharm. Program (2017-2020)
- 39 Research Grants sanctioned to Teaching Faculty Members by University of Mumbai.
- AICTE - MODROBS Project sanctioned in 2018-19 by All India Council for Technical Education
- Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR) sanctioned Grants in 2013 and 2018 for conducting National Symposia.
- AICTE-ISTE Grant in 2018 for conducting a Faculty Induction Programme
- Institutional Membership of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE).
- Management of Aldel Education Trust and St. John Institute of Pharmacy and Research has sponsored teaching faculty members for Ph.D. by Research.
- GPAT training In-house and several GPAT and NIPER qualified students every year
- Ms. Saloni Jain secured the First Rank at the Final Year 8. Pharm. Examination conducted by the University of Mumbai in May 2013 and was the University Topper.
- Ms. Mugdha Raut secured highest (CGPA 9.07) at the Final Year 8. Pharm. examination conducted by the University ofMumbai in May 2016.
- Mr. Krishnakumar Yadav secured 2nd rank at Final Year B. Pharm. examinations conducted by University of Mumbai in May 2015.
- Faculty and students participated and won prizes in Poster Presentation at events like Indian Pharmaceutical Congress (IPC), Avishkar etc. Institute has also organised the technical event 'Science Fest' every year since 2014.
Corporate Relation, Employability, Placement and Training (CREPT)
This cell comprises of the Training and Placement Officers of the campus and faculty representatives of various branches. The training programmes developed by the CREPT team intend to equip the students with relevant employability skills, which include not only technical but also managerial skills.
Center for Soft-Skills and Personality Development (CSSPD)
The college has created CSSPD in order to develop the soft skills of student’s like competency in English communication-Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing, Leadership Ability, Team Work, Time Management etc. and groom them according to the needs of the corporate world.
Build Your Brand (BYB)
BYB portal is a tool to promote and assist students to develop self as a brand, it provides the students a platform to present themselves. The portal provides a medium to develop the students holistically
Skill Training for Employability Program (STEP)
STEP aims to create skilled professionals with technical knowledge on latest trends in the relevant industry by bridging the gap between industry expectations and student capabilities.
Mentoring & Counseling
- Mentors help improve a student's self-esteem.
- Mentors provide their mentees with an experienced friend who is there to help in any number of situations.
- Mentors help their mentees to cope up with the challenges in the professional course opted for, and improve their academic skills.
- Mentors help young people set career goals and take steps to realize them.
- Mentoring guarantees a student that there is someone who cares about them and can guide them in dealing with day-to-day challenges of their profession.
- Mentee should meet their mentor on regular basis.
- Mentee should respect and follow the instructions / advices given by the mentors.