In a developing country like India, Science and Technology are the forerunners of any area of development. Innovative processes and methodologies are being employed and their use calls for additional trained and skilled manpower. To realize the objectives of a developed Country, we need to be prepared with efficient and skilled personnel for the future.
St. John College of Engineering and Management (SJCEM) is an Engineering College providing professional education in the semi-urban area of Palghar District under affiliation of the University of Mumbai.
“Excellence in Engineering Education & Creating Next-Gen Leaders / Managers in the Service of Society”.
- To impart quality engineering education for holistic development
- To provide conducive environment for joyful learning, innovation and research
- To promote innovative technology enabled teaching and learning process
- To nurture socially responsible engineers, entrepreneurs and leaders
- To enhance employability skills to meet the changing industrial trends
Dr. G. V. Mulgund
Today’s youth need to choose the right career of their passion because it is a significant and a life-changing decision. Choosing engineering as a profession is highly commendable.
In the journey of life, the path one takes is as important as the destination itself. May I therefore, suggest that before one takes the next step in realizing their career aspirations and professional goals, pause for a moment and give a serious thought to the choice of Institution that one wishes to make, where they would spend four valuable years of their life.
St. John College of Engineering and Management is uniquely positioned to educate the technocrats of tomorrow. Our goal is to position and prepare our engineering graduates to be problem solvers, project leaders, communicators, and ethical citizens of a global community. Through innovative curricula, a teamwork approach, and leadership-building experiences, SJCEM students gain vital communication and critical-thinking skills.
Electronics & Telecommunications Engineering
- Team UNICORN - Five First Prizes won in FMAE FKDC SEASON-2 in March 2018 at Bangalore for Autocross, Endurance, Business Plan, Skid Pad & Overall First Prize Winner.
- Team ROCKSTAR BOTS-1st Prize under "Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship" Govt. of India in "SMART INDIA HACKATHON" held at Bhubaneswar, Orissa, in March 2018.
- Team UNICORN - 2nd Prize at National Level in FMAE-FKDC 2017, held in March 2017 at Bangalore
- Team 'UDAAN' -Secured the 16th Place out of 126 teams in SAE SUPRA 2017 (July 2017) Participated in SAE SUPRA 2018 (June 2018) at Noida
- 1st Prize at AAKAAR "BRIDGE IT" Competition organized by IIT Bombay in March 2018
- Overall 1st Prize & 3n1 Prize in TECHFEST MESMERIZE LINE-FOLLOWER Competition held at IIT Bombay in Dec. 2018.
- ICARUS Technical Fest 2018 held at Rajiv Gandhi College of Engineering 1st Prize in Project "College Recommendation Chatbot Using Al" Competition & 3"' Prize in Project "Smart Notice Board using Raspberry Pi and Android App"
- 1st Prize in Technitude-2018 (Paper Presentation Topic - "Brain Computer Interface") held at Datta Meghe College of Engineering, Navi Mumbai (Also 3rd Prize in Technical Paper Presentation in Usha Mittal Institute of Technology, Mumbai.)
- Team ARGONAUTS - Secured 17tt, Place out of 42 teams in Go-Kart-Design Challenge (GKDC) Competition organized by Kari Motor Speedways, Coimbatore in Feb 2018.
- 3rd Prize in the Paper Presentation Competition held at Pillai College of Engineering, Panvel Topic - "Eco Friendly E-Commerce Website"
- 3"' Prize in Project "Cross Country Pipe Cleaning Robot" Competition held at St. Francis Institute ofTechnology, Mumbai
- Project Selected in top 30 teams in National Level Competition - Nav Bharat Nirman (NBN) held at Indira Gandhi Prathishthan, Lucknow in Sept. 2018.
- "Smart Drip Irrigation System" Project Finalist in Hardware Section Category "SMART INDIA HACKATHON" 2018
Corporate Relation, Employability, Placement and Training (CREPT)
This cell comprises of the Training and Placement Officers of the campus and faculty representatives of various branches. The training programmes developed by the CREPT team intend to equip the students with relevant employability skills, which include not only technical but also managerial skills.
Center for Soft-Skills and Personality Development (CSSPD)
The college has created CSSPD in order to develop the soft skills of student’s like competency in English communication-Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing, Leadership Ability, Team Work, Time Management etc. and groom them according to the needs of the corporate world.
Build Your Brand (BYB)
BYB portal is a tool to promote and assist students to develop self as a brand, it provides the students a platform to present themselves. The portal provides a medium to develop the students holistically
Skill Training for Employability Program (STEP)
STEP aims to create skilled professionals with technical knowledge on latest trends in the relevant industry by bridging the gap between industry expectations and student capabilities.
- Sports & Cultural Activities
- Science Fest
- National Service Scheme (NSS) Activities
Activities conducted by NSS Unit
- St.John Technical Campus - NSS Unit received the University of Mumbai award for 2nd Highest Blood Collection drive in Palghar District
- Anti Plastic Awareness & Cloth Bags Distribution Drive at Bhendipada, Palghar
- Free Dental Checkup Camp at Bhendipada, Palghar
- Swachh Bharat- Wash Basin Construction at ZP School, Navapada Palghar
- Painting of ZP School, Palghar District
- 7 Days Residential Camp Activities at Dongaripada, Dahanu